Licensed Attorney · Tech Founder · Certified Full-Stack Developer
Jim A. Joseph ("Jimmy") was born and raised in Houston, Texas. After graduating high school from Clements High in Sugar Land, Texas, Jimmy received his degree in Economics from the University of Texas at Austin while working at IBM and Northrop Grumman Corp.
After years advising corporations and government entities on technology matters, Jimmy moved on to law school where he graduated with his law degree from Georgetown Law in Washington, D.C.
During Jimmy's initial years out of law school, he practiced at the prestigious law firm of Vinson & Elkins, L.L.P., where he assisted on multi-million dollar transactions for major corporations including:
- $395 Million Initial Public Offering for Oasis Petroleum, Inc.
- $195 Million Common Stock Offering for Concho Resources, Inc.
- Asset Purchase Agreement involving Gasco Energy, Inc., Riverbend Gas Gathering, L.L.C., and Monarch Natural Gas, L.L.C., for $25 Million.
- Asset Purchase Agreement involving Dunhills Entities, L.P., Dunhills Terminal, L.P., Delta Hardwoods Corporation, Sierra Fuels Alabama, L.P., and Arc Terminals, L.P, for $40.5 Million.
- $200 Million Convertible Notes Offering for Continental Airlines, Inc.
- $150 Million Senior Notes Offering for MarkWest Energy Partners, L.P., and MarkWest Energy Finance Corporation.
Jimmy's diverse legal experience also includes assisting clients with recovering monetary damages against major insurance corporations while working at the highly reputable law firm of Kwok Daniel Ltd., L.L.P.
BLOCKCHAIN AND CRYPTO
Jimmy has assisted technology ventures and startups in raising funds through multiple blockchain token offerings on the Ethereum network by minting ERC-20 tokens and raising a total of $46 Million dollars during the last Initial Coin Offering (ICO) boom. Jimmy continues to assist ventures in raising funds through regulatory-compliant Security Token Offerings (STO) by working with local investment bank underwriters.
Jimmy gained notoriety for founding a blockchain voting startup during the early days of Bitcoin. Jimmy has been featured in TechCrunch Magazine, CryptoCoinNews and the Houston Chronicle.
In his spare time, Jimmy loves to play semi-competitive golf, competitive poker (NLHE & PLO), fish for large-mouth bass, saltwater fish, hike, and assist with development on alternative cryptocurrencies.
Jimmy's diverse experience brings a well-rounded, knowledgeable and aggressive legal expert to assist his clients with virtually any legal issue that arises in a numerous industries and a variety of business stages.